Skip navigation
Por favor, use este identificador para citar o enlazar este ítem: http://uvadoc.uva.es/handle/10324/31923
Título: Columnar and surface aerosol load over the Iberian Peninsula establishing annual cycles, trends, and relationships in five geographical sectors
Autor: Mateos, David
Cachorro, Victoria E
Toledano, Carlos
Burgos, Maria A
Bennouna, Yasmine
Torres, Benjamín
Fuertes, David
González, Ramiro
Guirado, Carmen
Calle, Abel
de Frutos, Ángel M
Año del Documento: 2015
Editorial: ELSEVIER
Descripción: Producción Científica
Documento Fuente: Science of The Total Environment 518–519, 378-392
Resumen: The study of atmospheric aerosol load over the Iberian Peninsula (IP) under a climatological perspective is accomplished by means of PM10 and AOD440nm measurements from EMEP and AERONET networks, respectively, in the period 2000-2013. The PM10 annual cycles in five Iberian sectors show a main maximum in summer and a secondary in spring, which is only observed in the southern area for the AOD climatology. The characteristics of PM10-AOD annual cycles of each geographical sector are explained by the different climatology of the air mass origins and their apportioning. The two magnitudes are correlated with a factor ranging between 20 and 90 depending on the sector. The temporal evolution of the aerosol load has shown a notable decrease in the IP since the 1980s. Statistically significant trends are obtained in the Northeastern sector with a reduction of 26% (period 1985-2000) for the total suspended particles, which continues for the PM10 data with a value of 35% per decade (2001-2013), and also in the whole column, 61% per decade in the AOD440nm (2004-2013).
Revisión por Pares: SI
DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2015.03.002
Patrocinador: Financial supports from the Spanish MINECO (projects of ref. CGL2011-23413, CGL2012-33576) are also gratefully acknowledged.
Idioma: eng
URI: http://uvadoc.uva.es/handle/10324/31923
Derechos: info:eu-repo/semantics/openAccess
Aparece en las colecciones:Documentos OpenAire(Open Access Infrastructure for Research in Europe)
DEP33 - Artículos de revista

Ficheros en este ítem:
Fichero Descripción TamañoFormato 
PM10AOD_Mateos2015.pdf2,42 MBAdobe PDFThumbnail
Visualizar/Abrir

Los ítems de UVaDOC están protegidos por copyright, con todos los derechos reservados, a menos que se indique lo contrario.

Comentarios
Universidad de Valladolid
Powered by MIT's. DSpace software, Version 5.5
UVa-STIC